Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RNC/DNC Can Either Really Change Your Mind??

Hello All!! I'm the busy big sister of a 19 almost 20 month old toddler. So I spend most of my days corralling her now. If I ever get elected and become the breadwinner of the family, perhaps that job will go to our mother so I can talk to you more often.

So my question of the day stems from the political season.  The republicans just held their national convention and the democrats are currently holding theirs.  Both of which are highly publicized.  But are they really fighting for the votes of independent voters? Or are they really trying to get more of their likely voters off they lazy butts and out to the polls in November?

I tend to think that 99% of people have their minds made up one way or the other but that swing comes from potential voters that will drag themselves out to the polls to cast their vote.  Am I wrong?

Are democrats and republicans really bothering to watch each other's conventions? I suppose political junkies might, but if you have your mind made up, don't you find the other one annoying and full of BS nonsense?  And if you are, don't you see similar strategies? for example both the first lady and the potential first lady were the keynote speakers on the first night and clearly touchy feely attempting to reach the female vote.  They wouldn't do this if it didn't work.  But women should be offended by this attempt to 'manipulate' them as opposed to treating them as 'equals' [to men] and discussing policy. But I'm not sure either side every really truly discusses policy, which should offend each and everyone of us as freedom-loving, intelligent Americans.  We are still Americans.  And we do still love freedom.  Right???

I have so much built up to talk about right now but I must wait for another day so I will try and make it back again tomorrow or the next.  I fully intended to come back earlier but those of you with kids or who are big brothers or sisters understand my priorities.

No comments:

This Day in History