Friday, September 5, 2008

Let Me Introduce Myself and the Purpose of this Blog


Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls of all ages. My name is Lola and as this political season is gaining momentum, I've decided to throw my hat into the ring, since there is mass cynicism and mistrust of humans to lead this country. My hope is to write at a level kids can understand so that parents can use this site as a tool to help teach their kids about politics and the key issues surrounding politics.

One thing that won't be discussed on this blog is abortion. Other than the poll on the left. That is because I don't believe that most people can sit down and have a rational discussion about it if they have extreme views on either side of the issue. People feel passionate about this issue, but I feel it is a topic that side-tracks us from discussing issues that we can work together to improve our lives, this country, and our personal responsibility. I just won't debate this issue, but you are entitled to your choice and opinion on the topic as I am.

You can see a summary of my beliefs in the "About Me" section to the left.

From time to time there will be polls on the left, so check them out. I will also try to put fun things on here from time to time to help get your kids interested.

Feel free to ask me questions or comment on things you agree with or disagree with or leave a comment in my guest book to the left.

I look forward to sharing more with you over time, and hope to win your vote in November.

No comments:

This Day in History